U.S. System of Education (difficult)
Where can very young children (infants to 3 years) stay while their parents are at work?
- In preschool.
- In day care.
- In middle school.
Is preschool mandatory in all 50 states?
- Only a few U.S. states offer preschool programs.
For how long do children attend kindergarten each day in the U.S.?
- There are only morning programs.
- There are only half-day programs, morning or afternoon.
- There are both half-day and full-day programs.
What grades might an elementary school have in the U.S.?
- 5th grade through 8th grade
- 9th grade through 11th grade
- kindergarten through 4th grade
Paul is a sixth grader. What kind of school does he attend?
- middle school
- high school
Natalie is a freshman in high school. How many more years does she have before she graduates from high school?
- 3 years
- 2 years
- 1 year
If David is a high school senior this year, what was he last year?
- A sophomore.
- A freshman.
- A junior.
When Isabela and Quinn graduate from high school in the spring, what will they receive?
- A bachelor's degree.
- A diploma.
- An MBA.
What kinds of degrees can one receive upon completing a four-year program at a college or university? Check all that apply.
What is the order of degrees from lowest to highest?
- B.A. >> M.A. >> PhD
- M.S. >> B.S. >> PhD
- B.A. >> PhD >> MBA
What is true about U.S.colleges?
- Universities have stronger academic programs than colleges.
- Colleges are two-year programs, but universities are four-year programs.
- U.S. colleges and universities can offer the same kinds of programs and award the same degrees.
If someone holds a PhD, how can we address him or her?